2007-03-03

Bookmarks

You can learn a lot about a person from their web History or Bookmarks - perhaps too much. I have taken the bold move of publishing mine on the web via the Companion Page.

I did this by exporting my Google Bookmarks with the Google Toolbar and the Firefox Gmarks plugin as suggested by this post. This was still a relatively involved process and as I have said before, Google needs better Bookmarking features with better sharing and exporting capacities. In the meantime though, I refuse to use del.icio.us because it is just too dirty, and as Matt Panaro stated "you share with that many people, you tend to get diseases." As anonymity is important to me, kindly inform me if I did not properly filter out any identifying or otherwise inappropriate links. Now enjoy browsing years of bookmarks and I encourage everyone to publish their own.

No comments: